Mental Health Counselor (Pre-Licensed)
Arlington Free Clinic (AFC) is currently seeking a Resident in Counseling to provide therapy to the Clinic’s patients in a multi-disciplinary, collaborative setting. This position is a full time or part time grant funded position with up to two years commitment and is an opportunity for free clinical onsite supervision. This is not a fee for service position. No weekend or on-call and only one evening/week required. Hybrid of onsite and telework available. Signing bonus available!
- Provide therapy to patients under supervision of a Licensed Professional Counselor (or Licensed Clinical Social Worker upon arrangement).
- Conduct behavioral health assessment and triage patients with mental/behavioral health concerns.
- Design and participate in the development of treatment plans, incorporating best and leading practices into treatment.
- Provide ongoing education for staff and volunteers on relevant behavioral health topics.
- Manage and lead therapy and/or psychoeducational groups.
- Collaborate with clinical and behavioral health team members to coordinate patient care and ensure best outcomes.
For a full list of responsibilities, desired qualifications, and benefits, click here.